Two and a half years ago, we launched The Nomadic Network, a global initiative designed to connect travelers with like-minded people in order to inspire, educate, and provide one another with the tools needed to travel cheaper, better, and longer.
Our goal was to make it an inclusive travel community with chapters around the world, enabling you to meet people in your own city but also on the road. (Want to make some local friends? Find a meetup while you’re long-term backpacking? Learn some stuff? That was us!)
Though COVID put a wrench in our plans for in-person meet-ups for a bit, it did make us pivot into something better. Over the past two years, we managed to grow the community despite the pandemic:
- 15,000+ members have attended meetups and events to learn more about travel
- 22 chapters have popped up all over the country (and the world) that are led by over 50 fierhttps://www.expedia.com/cely passionate travelers that plan monthly meetups for local travelers
- 400+ virtual and in-person events have been hosted about a wide variety of travel topics hosted by 175+ knowledgeable travelers
- 18 book club discussions were had with the authors of some of our favorite travel books!
- 9 event hosts lead 2-5 virtual events… each week!
- 6 full tour groups of TNN members are traveling together to Mexico, Morocco, Jordan, and throughout Europe in 2022!
- 60+ travelers have taken over our Instagram account to share their travel knowledge (we even started a TikTok!)
Now, we’re taking this community to a brand new level and I’m excited to announce we’ve totally revamped our website to make it a social platform for travelers to connect with each other. This is the first step in a journey that will culminate in an app you can use on the road to meet people, find events, and even, eventually, find places to stay!
Over the last year, we’ve heard your feedback and have been working tirelessly on a new and very-much improved TNN website that’s really a travel social platform.
Our new website features:
1. Traveler profiles – You’ll be able to create Facebook-like profiles to share your travel preferences, where you’ve been, where you want to go, what languages you speak, who you prefer to travel with, and other fun travel things. Then, use our search function to find people with similar interests to you.
2. Community travel events – You’ll be able to browse all of our free virtual and in-person events — led by fellow community members — designed to provide value by sharing all the travel tips and inspiration you’ll want before you plan your next big adventure. For a full list of upcoming events, click here.
3. Interest-based groups – You’ll be able to connect with like-minded travelers in our global groups to share your thoughts, travel tips, or learn from other travelers about topics you enjoy! We have over 40 global groups for you to be a part of, and you can find them here.
4. Local chapters – You’ll be able to join local chapters so you can find like-minded friends near you as we host monthly events. Here are the chapters we have as of now.
5. News Feed – The magic of social media is in the community it builds. We invite you to use the news feed to share, post, comment, like, and recommend all things travel!
In short, this is a social network that goes beyond what we have as an events platform to create a place where you can connect with other nomads. You’ll be able to meet your tribe, make friends, and find events near you.
How to Get Started
If you already have a profile, all you need to do is the following:
- See if you can reset your password here first.
If you don’t have a profile, follow these steps:
- Go to https://thenomadicnetwork.com/register
- Insert your name, email, password, create your username, then press “Create Account”
- Verify your email address
- Fill in your profile information (so we know you’re not a bot!)
- Once your profile has been approved (could take up to 48 hours) you’ll have full access to the site and all of its social features like posting, commenting, friending other travelers, etc.
Win a $250 Flight Voucher Just for Signing Up!
As part of our launch, we’re giving one member who fills out their full profile on the new site by Monday, July 26, 2022 a $250 flight voucher! Winners will be announced that week on the newsfeed of the TNN website. (No purchase necessary. Must be 18 or older to win.)***The Nomadic Network is the place to connect with folks who won’t think you’re crazy for wanting to drop it all for a jungle trek through the Amazon. It is a place to make friends, attend events, learn how to be a better traveler, and so much more. This new version is the first step toward creating a truly unique travel social network.